I build databases and distributed systems, with the goal of bringing down the complexity and cost of software development significantly. Right now I'm building one such system with the team at RelationalAI.
- 3DF (Declarative Differential Dataflow) is an incrementalized relational query engine built on differential dataflow. It started as a research project under the supervision of Frank McSherry.
- Functional Differential Programming is a rough collection of ideas about rethinking state management in interactive user interfaces as differential relational view maintenance.
- I am involved in the Timely Dataflow ecosystem.
- I was a co-founder and partner at Clockworks. (2014 - 2020)
- I studied Computer science at ETH Zurich. (2013 - 2019)
Distributed Dataflows in Interactive Environments
Under the supervision of Gustavo Alonso and Frank McSherry I delivered my master's thesis on 3DF's interactive streaming query engine. We explored the use of delta-queries to maintain joins of arbitrary arity within a constant memory footprint, and the use of worst-case optimal join algorithms to provide predictable query performance on adversarially skewed data. (Q3 2018 - Q2 2019)
- kondens was an attempt to build a tool for communicating complex systems. (2017)